7 Most Aggressive Dog Breeds That Require Extra Training
1. ChihuahuaMaster Yoda teaches us that "size matters not," and this is especially true for the tiny Chihuahua.
2. German ShepherdGerman Shepherds are well-known for their abilities as police K-9s and guard animals. This is because aggressive inclinations can be turned into beneficial actions through controlled and regular training.
3. Cane CorsoThis Italian breed is powerful, muscular, and lively. To be properly socialized, they must be given enough of exercise and handled by an experienced person.
4. Presa CanarioThe Presa Canario breed originated in Spain and was developed as a hunting companion for large game.
5. American Pit Bull TerrierNo other canine breed possesses the dual perception that the Pit Bull does. These powerful dogs are both loathed and revered; some consider them savage killers, while others regard them as protective nanny dogs.
6. DachshundAnyone who has been charged by a Dachshund knows that these wiggling wieners are tough dogs.
7. AkitaSome might describe the Akita as a yappy dog with razor sharp teeth. Though these snappy canines can be a handful, they can also thrive in a home with a skilled handler.
According to Trupanion, Akitas are naturally apprehensive of outsiders, making them excellent guard dogs.